Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our big boy!

Jake grows so fast! I feel like almost overnight he has turned into this little boy who understands things that I say, follows (some) directions, and now, sits at the table and uses a spoon eat milk and cereal! He even drinks the milk out of the bowl when he's all done. This may not be a big deal to many non-parents out there, but this is earth shattering over here at the Dougherty household. We have this wonderful little leaf that extends the table but it comes out at a lower height so it is perfect for Jake to eat his food. Now he sits right with us for mealtimes and actually uses a fork and spoon.

Also notice his BLONDE hair! I can't believe how light it's gotten from the sun this summer. It looks like he also has his dad's tan skin tone. He's going to be a heartbreaker!

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

Yah, Jake is a boy genius. Just so you know!

Zepp Family said...

Jake you are such a stud! I wish your cousin Olivia was as good as you are about using tableware. I'm going to make her watch your video a few times and maybe she'll get a little motivated.

Keep up the good work :) I love ya!

Joe'n'Jess said...

ya, i agree with tawnya. Jake was the first to crawl, the first to walk, the first to sign, and now he's the first to eat cereal like a big boy. so not fair.

Andy LeMieux said...

What a big boy! That's neat that he's feeding himself; pretty soon he'll be cooking dinner, too :) (Okay, so maybe give him a few more years for that one, huh?)

Whitney Seaberg said...

Oh my he so reminds me of Tyler even his facial expressions there as he was eating. I love them eating cereal all my themselves. It is so adorable. You are so good at the posts and update! I love it, oh and we have the same background, its so cute :)