Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This is my bike, yo

Ever since we got Jake the weeride, he has been obsessed with bikes. Joseph and I found a little tricycle for him the other day for $5 at a garage sale, and Jake was beyond thrilled!! It's pretty much all he talks about now. I have found that he's actually quite brilliant at picking out random bikes out of the middle of nowhere and exclaiming, "My bike! My bike!" We'll be driving in the car, or taking a walk, and all of the sudden we'll hear his excited voice yell, "This is a bike!" On one particular occassion, we were driving when he made this statement, and Joseph and I turned and looked all around to see if we could find the source of his excitement, but there was no bike to be found. Then we saw it: in the bed of a truck that we were passing on the freeway. All you could see was the handlebars. This one is definitely aware.

The newest lingo he's come up with is to add "yo" at the end of everything he says. In the morning, he runs to the back door where we keep his bike and says, "This is my bike, yo!" I'm not exactly sure where he came up with it, but we think it's hilarious.

Here are a few pictures of Jake on his tricyle. Sorry, they're a little fuzzy, but I didn't realize that until we were already inside. Come to find out, the source of this fuzziness was fingerprints on the camera lens...I wonder how that could have happened...

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

That is so awesome!! Way to be jake, yo!

ade said...

He's getting so BIG!!

Zepp Family said...

Love it, Love it! I'll admit I like to finish my statements with a "yo" every now and then as well. I think it gives a boring phrase a little something extra!