I'm going to apologize upfront for my lack of posts recently. I've already been chewed out from my mom, and I have felt the blistering thoughts that I know my sister has sent my way. Here's the deal...I don't have any pictures! We recently found discovered that our camera is officially going to be burried. We were told by Nikon that a bent lens is not covered by warranty, and therefore it is going to cost $100 to fix. I don't think so. Since we don't have a camera, I am going to blog about something that I'm glad we can't document with pictures!
Jake turned 2 years old! (That's not what I'm glad we can't document...in fact, one of my friends has some pictures so I'll borrow them from her and get a blog post up about it soon.) Along with turning two means doctors visits! Jake went this morning, and I don't know what it is about him and doctors (maybe the shots?) but every time we enter a doctor's office Jake starts bawling. And not like little whimpers, but full out waterfalls and convulsing, and nothing I can do is able to console him. He didn't even need to get shots today, it was just to check how he was growing! As soon as he was put on the scale to be weighed he broke down. He could barely say through his sobs, "Bye-bye?" I felt so bad for him! Finally, I was talking to the nurse there and she was asking me questions, and Jake, still sobbing, ran for the door and left! He didn't even care that I wasn't with him, all he knew was that he wanted to get out of there ASAP and he saw his window of opportunity and bolted. I ran out and grabbed him, brought him back inside the office, and he started screaming again. He couldn't calm down until, ironically, they pricked his finger to check his hemoglobin. When they did that he was perfectly fine. They gave him a sticker and he was good to go...what a rough day for a two-year-old!
I promise to get pictures of his birthday up soon, we had a great time!
5 comments:
Oh, that is so funny and sad at the same time!! Thanks for the story. No, I wasn't sending you blistering thoughts, but I was trying to send you some encouraging vibes : ) Love you so much!!
Doctor's visits are so hard for those little people :(
Sad, Hopefully his birthday was fun though!
Wow! Can you believe he's two?!! He's just so darn cute! If only nurses could dress as clowns or teddy bears. Of course, that might make him forever afraid of needle-packing clowns! Oh well. Wish we could see you. Love, Melissa
Hi Angela,
Love to read your updates. My kids cry more (when they are babies) to be weighed on the scale then for shots and pricks too. Doesn't make sense.
Take care,
Anne
Post a Comment