Saturday, May 15, 2010

The farmer in the Wisconsin Dells

I thought about the title of this post for a long time. It's so clever, right? Haha, thanks for humoring me!

If you can't tell from the oh-so-lame title, we just got back from the Wisconsin Dells! Joseph had a little two day break from school, so we took advantage and headed up to the land of the cheeseheads. They call Wisconsin Dells "America's best kept secret" and it did not disappoint! I couldn't believe how many waterparks there were. Just at our resort we went to 4 in two days! And we didn't even get to go to any of the outdoor ones! Unfortunately, I didn't take too many pictures because we were just having too much fun to stop and get the camera out!!

We started the trip on Thursday morning, and let me just tell you that I have never seen so many farms in my life. You can imagine just farmland straight from Iowa to Wisconsin, but it was beautiful! (I had to add this little bit so you could understand where the "farmer" part of the title of the post came from. Wow, that just gets lamer and lamer the more I have to explain it...)

Once we got to our room we were ready to go SWIMMING (or "wewin" and Jake would call it). He was pretty cautious at first, but after about an hour he was ready to play in all the water!

When Jake wasn't swimming, he wanted to play in the arcade room, where Joseph and I decided to give him a few plays. He loved it!
Also there with us were our friends the Whiteheads with their two boys. The three of them had a blast together, especially on this ladder in one of the bedrooms!

So, yeah, those are about the only pictures that I got, but we really did have a blast!! We definitely want to go back sometime before we leave Iowa!

6 comments:

The Witt Family said...

Jessica has been begging to go to Wisconsin Dells!!!!! It looks so fun!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't been there forever! Which resort did you stay at?

Joe'n'Jess said...

sadly we didn't get many picutres either. but it was awesome!!!

Gretchen said...

Hee, I thought the title was actually super clever! I'm glad you had a good time! The Dells are definitely a fun place!

Tiffany said...

WAaaaaaay fun!!! Miss you! We live in your home ward now, so come and visit!

Tawnya said...

Does look fun...if you like that sort of thing. I guess you could have some fun without the Rasmussens...but imagine with the rasmussens! Now that is fun!!!! (p.s. love how Jake is wearing his hat with his swimsuit! :))

Bethany said...

Looks way fun, sis! I thought of you this morning after reading Shelly's blog because of that time you told me Jake started saying "mama" and I was like, "Seriously??" and you reply, "Yeah, he goes 'mamamamamamama.'" Hahaha...love you!