We were just leaving a church activity when one of the girls there realized her car wouldn't start. Well, have no fear! I sauntered over to the trunk of our SUV and pulled out our handy-dandy emergency kit, which contained a pair of jumper cables. Once we pulled them out, there was a lot of discussion of what we should actually do with them. I'm pretty sure the conversation went something like this (I'm not sure who said what, these were just all the comments that were thrown out):
"Alright, what now?"
"Um, I think you're supposed to connect the two cars together somehow. By the batteries."
"Yeah, negative to negative, positive to positive." (this was my comment :))
"Wait, are you sure it's not positive to negative?"
"Well...no, but I'm pretty sure..."
"Hold on, aren't you supposed to ground one of them or something?"
"Maybe...what do you think?"
"Just do negative to negative, positive to positive!"
"That better be right because if you do it wrong then the cars will explode!"
"Where do you put these things??"
"Someone turn off the cars first!!"
7 comments:
That is awesome! You guys rule! I probably would have called Jed.
I definitely would have called someone, but not Derek. Good job.
I had to do that in high school a few times (I was terrible at remembering to turn off my lights). But it's been so long that I probably would've called Jared!
Way to go ladies!
We are awesome! Holla!
you guys rock! i can hear you roaring already... wow, that's loud! seriuosly, congrats on accomplishing something like that. i think i'd have whipped out a cell phone to call my husband...
Nice job, Ang. But what's more impressive to me is that you actually documented the feat!
you forgot these parts of the conversation
"one is red and one is black."
"which one is positive?"
"do the negative one first or you might die"
"everyone stand back"
"wait, who is going to tackle me if i get electricuted and stuck to the car?"
*silence*
Post a Comment