Oh boy...Jake has hit the "no" stage with a vengeance! Everything, no matter what I say, is automatically responded to with an emphatic no. Even if it's something that he actually really wants. For example, yesterday we had a little conversation that went like this:
"Jake, would you like a popsicle?"
"No! (slight pause) Opicle? Yes!"
"Jake, you said no, you don't want a popsicle."
"OPICLE!! OPICLE!!"
"Ok, what do you say?"
"Pwease!"
And this, of course, is where I hand him the popsicle that he told me he didn't want.
Oh my gosh!! I think I'm going to scream! You always hear about this infamous stage, but I had no idea how frustrating it really is. I've heard that giving kids more choices can ease the intensity of this stage, but I feel like I give Jake choices all the time. And, usually, he answers no to all of those wonderful choices. And so, I am posing this question to all you experienced mothers (or fathers) in the blogosphere: What in the WORLD do I do??? How long does this last? HELP!!
5 comments:
Oh Addi went through that. She is better now and when she says no she says no please. I just kept telling her to say yes when she wanted something and she eventually grew out of it. Good Luck!
good luck....maybe give choices that yes and no answers don't work???? he may just say no anyway....
The only thing that worked for my sister and her little girl (who also LOVED her "no" stage...) was to stop saying things that can be answered with "yes" or "no", like @BenandAnne said. I don't have kids so...but it worked for her! :o) Good luck!
Just try to be patient! He'll outgrow it eventually. It means that he is becoming independent and making his own decisions. That's a good thing! :) You and Joseph are great parents. Just when you think you can't stand it for one more minute, he'll be on to the next thing. He is so adorable, and I just love reading your posts!
xoxox
Jill Aul
Oh my goodness I just can't wait! Hehehe.
Post a Comment