A couple of weeks ago we found a bird's nest on top of our deck lights in the backyard. Call me crazy, but I was a little bit flattered. That mother bird thought that my house would be a perfect place to build a perfect little nest for her perfect little babies. *Sigh* A few days later it was filled with two little blue eggs. A little bit later, those eggs had hatched and there were two teeny tiny birds in the nest! I'm not gonna lie, they were pretty gross looking and I sort of wanted to throw up when saw them, but after that initial reaction I thought they were pretty cute (sort of like seeing your own baby for the first time...sort of.) Anyway, Jake was fascinated with the birds, and I thought this might be a good opportunity for him to get over his seemingly irrational fear of birds. I'm not sure it worked, but he liked seeing the mangled little things regardless.
This, of course, means that spring is officially here, and we have LOVED the warmer weather. A friend of mine once noted that after going through an Iowa winter, you feel like you can go through anything. Instead of just appreciating the spring, you have a feeling of triumph. We did it! And we only have to do it ONE MORE TIME!!
4 comments:
Cute post Angela! Your son is adorable! I didn't know you guys were in Iowa. I just had a friend move out their for their MBA. What city are you in?
Is it really worse than Michigan winters?!! Very cute picture nonetheless!
I love you! That is all there is to it!
Cute pics, and I loved the comment about likening newborn birds to newborn babies :)
Post a Comment