Sunday, September 18, 2011

We miss them already

This past week we had the most wonderful visit from my sister Bethany, my sister-in-law Abby, and her two kids Isaac and Kate. They drove all the way from Ohio just to see us for a few days, and we had such a great time with them. I'm not sure who had more fun, the adults or the kids! Abby's two kids are almost the exact same age as my two kids, so they always have a blast when they're together, especially Jake and Isaac.

While they were here, we tried to make the most of our time together. We went to Joseph's softball game in which he claims to have hit a home-run on the very first pitch, which we obviously missed because we're always late with all these kids we have to get ready. The jury is still out on whether or not he actually did.



Softball games are always fun for us to go to because the kids always have a ball (get it?) just running around. It's even more fun when you have your cousin to throw dirt around with.



Did I mention Eli is a crawling maniac these days? He is getting so fast I can barely keep up with him! For the most part he was content just crawling around the tables. I shudder to think what he may have gotten a hold of on the ground underneath those tables, but he sure was happy!


Bath time became a necessity after some serious dirt throwing:

We also went apple picking while they were all in town! I love apple picking. We used to go often when I was a kid and it always bring back fun memories.

A tractor pulled us out to the orchards:

There was a plethora of apples to choose from:


The kids were so excited about the apples that they ran as fast as they could toward the trees:


They were fun to pick:


And even more fun to eat:


As usual, Eli enjoyed it all from his stroller. He's such a content little baby:

Then afterwards, Aunt Abby treated everyone to apple cider and warm donuts. YUM!!



There were also lots of games that were played, books that were read, parks that were run around in, and toys that were used. And now they're gone. *Sigh* We loved having them around and can't wait until Christmas when we'll all be together again. Have I mentioned that I love family visits??

5 comments:

Lauren and Travis McDougal said...

How fun! Wish we lived closer and could visit!!

Bethany said...

I love being featured! Great post, the only thing it's missing is Jake's attitude photo :)

Melissa said...

I love your family! I bet your mom is just loving these pictures!! So glad Bethany could be there, too.

DOUGHERTY FAMILY said...

What great pictures...We miss being close to you so much!!! Those kids are soooo cute together...No way is Eli old enough to be crawling...(wasn't he just born a month ago or so...)You are making unforgettable memories for Jake and Eli...such fun outtings!!!

Laura said...

So, so fun! Looks like a great weekend!! Is Dubuque on your list of places to visit before leaving Iowa? If it is, you should let me know and I'll meet you there!