Saturday, October 25, 2008

Maybe I will have a job afterall!

So here's the story...I was at Salvation Army the other day just perusing the merchandise to see if there happened to be anything that I didn't know that I needed but just HAD to have. I know from previous experience that Target will donate the items that don't sell in their stores or that may have bad packaging to Salvation Army or Goodwill and then they sell them there at a fraction of the cost. Thus, many of the items are brand new but for some reason or another were donated to goodwill. So I'm walking along and I saw a brand new, still in the box Graco Safeseat infant carseat. I also know from previous experience (we bought one ourselves for full price) that they retail for well over $100. Salvation Army was selling theirs for $45. I checked it out, it still had all the tags on it, brand new, everything was there except for the packaging plastic that comes in an unopened box. I had flash of inspiration. I decided to buy the carseat then sell it on Craigslist.com for a profit. I researched everything online (it turns out this particular carseat actually retails for $129.99) so I decided to put it up for $75. Two days later the carseat was sold, and I made $30!! This guy was getting a steal for a brand new carseat at $75 and I still made a profit. So it got me thinking...maybe I can do this every once in a while...look for good deals and then sell on ebay or craigslist for a profit. Maybe I'll have a job afterall! I'll be an ebay powerseller! :)

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

How smart, good luck! I didn't know you could get new stuff at those places!

Tawnya said...

That is such a good idea. Cool.

Rachel said...

you are brilliant my friend. and your hair looks amazing! don't think I didn't notice.

Mallory Stoker said...

Brandon did that over the summer with video games and stuff and it was nice to have a little extra money, I never thought to do it with baby stuff that is smart!