Friday, October 31, 2008

Apple tasting and mess making

One of the things that I love about fall are all the apples! Yesterday some friends and I made delicious caramel apples. I personally had never made caramel apples before, although I have certainly been guilty of eating them. We had a blast! We had all kinds of goodies to stick on them, and we turned our otherwise healthy snacks into sugar-coated confectionary masterpieces.



Stirring the pot and melting the caramel.

Jessica enjoying the finished product.
Taysia is about ready to bite into her caramel apple. YUM!!
Then, this morning as I was loading the dishwasher, Jake was in the kitchen with me and found an almost empty Life cereal box sitting next to the trash can. I say "almost" empty since there were no more whole cereal pieces left, so it was for all intents and purposes ready to be thrown out. But you know the crumbs that are left at the bottom? Yes, Jake found those. He emptied out the plastic from the box and dumped out all the crumbs everywhere then continued to have a wonderful time trying to eat them and spreading them all over the kitchen floor.

You can't tell from this picture, but he actually has crumbs all over the his face and pajamas. This was quite a mess to try to clean up, but Jake was sure enjoying himself! Gotta love the kid. :)

3 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

How fun! I LOVE caramel and apples together. Can't wait to see your costumes! Happy Halloween!

Bethany said...

Fun! Caramel apples are so good. You know what those pictures of Jake remind me of? That picture we have of Trenton in his cute red suit getting into the flour and making a mess right before church. How did your halloween costumes go? Love you!

Tawnya said...

That is so cute. When they start to be mobile it opens a whole new world.