Ok, subtract the "planes" part of the title on this blog, and you have my ENTIRE day. My parents were going through some serious Jake withdrawls, so we thought a nice trip up to Michigan for a week and a half would give them just the fix that they needed. We had no idea that our little trip would turn into such a crazy day.
First of all, our train was 2 hours late coming into the station. By the time we got into Chicago where we were supposed to make our connecting train to Ann Arbor it was 3 hours late. My connecting train left five minutes before we got into the station, and no, they would not hold the train for us. That left Jake and me stranded in Chicago. There were about 25 of us that missed the connecting train, so they decided to put us on a bus instead to ship us up there...wouldn't you know, the bus had exactly 25 seats, and 26 passengers were supposed to get on the bus. Do the math...Jake had to sit on my lap.
What a nightmare! Somehow a 3 hour trip turned into a 6 hour trip, and Jake was awake for literally almost the whole time. For the most part he was a happy baby being passed around the bus from stranger to stranger who wanted to play with him. Usually I'm not too fond of strangers touching my baby, but in this situation I was too tired to care. Luckily, he only screamed for a few minutes. However, the only way that I was able to get him to stop screaming was to nurse him... Sparing the details, let me just tell you that it was one of the more embarrassing moments of my life.
Finally we got into Ann Arbor at about 1:30 am. Our day started out at 9:00 am and ended almost 17 hours later, and yet somehow we managed to have a great adventure in spite of it all. Now we're here in beautiful, beautiful Michigan where we plan on having an awesome vacation and visit with the Michigan grandparents.
P.S. I have a video of the bus ride...when I figure out how to post it I'll provide the footage.
3 comments:
Sounds like an adventure! Have fun visiting family, Im jealous! We will miss you Saturday! Good luck with the ride home! Hopefully it goes better!
I know this is going to be immortalized on blogspot forever but...I'M SEEING YOU TOMORROW AND I'M SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, I hope that your trip back isn't as eventful. That will encourage you to come back to Michigan more often!! At least your train didn't hit anyone and have to wait for four some hours for the coroner and authorities to come. Has Jonathan told you about that story? I can't wait to see you and have Isaac meet Jake! Hope you are having fun with Gma and Gpa.
Post a Comment