Tuesday, April 28, 2009

3 years and counting

Yesterday Joseph and I celebrated our three year anniversary! Can you believe it's been that long?? Time has really flown by for us. It seems like...well...I was going to say yesterday, but let's be honest, it doesn't seem quite like yesterday.... But it doesn't seem that long ago that Joseph and I were in the Detroit Temple being married for time and all eternity. Three moves, two different schools, and one baby later, here we are.

We celebrated by going out to dinner at the Iowa River Power Restaurant here in town. It used to be a power generating station with the Iowa River dam right there to bring in power. We go there often with Jake and look at the dam, but have never been inside to eat. I take that back, Joseph said that he went there for prom back in high school, but instead of appreciating it for what it was he was just mad because the food was so pricey and he had to pay. But I digress... It was a really neat experience, and the food was fabulous!
This is how they served the soup, isn't that fun?! I ordered duck for the first time ever and it was SOOOO good! Joseph ordered pork chops and I didn't know they could be made so tender and juicy. Our food was like heaven on a plate. Please excuse the flash in this picture, the window reflected the light.

This is the view of the dam right outside our window.We had a wonderful time together. We came home that evening and relaxed and reminisced about our wedding day and some of the crazy things that happened. Then like old farts we fell asleep early. It must have been our full stomachs...
I am so grateful that I married Joseph. It was the best decision I've ever made (hey, I'm allowed to be sappy on my anniversary!). Thank you, sweetheart, for the best three years of my life and I look forward to many, many more with you.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

congrats on #3!! That was a fun anniversary for Andy and I, it was the first one we actually got to celebrate! I can't believe its been 3 years since we worked together!!!

Joe'n'Jess said...

happy anniversary. it doesn't seem like we're old enough to be married that long. oh wait, you are old enough. you are like-what is it, 30 maybe? haha jk.

Amy said...

Just wait until it's #9 and you are blown away by how fast it has all gone. It still seems like yesterday to me and yet at the same time also like 50 years ... life is full and fresh when you are with the one you love.

Congratulations Dockers! Send me your e-mail so we can be in touch about possible Lockhart sightings in the Iowa area :)

Tawnya said...

Oh what a sweet post. Congrats on three years. And you look absolutely beautiful! Nice shirt! ;)

Bethany said...

Happy anniversary! I remember seeing that restaurant when I went down to Iowa and being curious about it. Glad it was fun! Love you!

Zepp Family said...

CHEERS, to tres years! You two are making such a wonderful life together. Glad you are both family.

Angela, don't forget to remind yourself how lucky Joseph is to have you every so often too :)

ade said...

Congrats..you guys are such a wonderful couple!

Love ya both,
Adrianne

Sarah and Wes said...

Happy Anniversary! Time goes fast when you're having fun, right? I'm not a fan of duck myself, but I'm glad you enjoyed it!