Today, my friend Jessica and I made a last-minute trip to the Niabi Zoo! I had heard that on Fridays during September they have free admission, so we loaded up the kids and headed off to the zoo!! It is a small zoo about an hour away that is just perfect for kids. It has all the big animals (lions, tigers, monkeys, giraffes, zebras, etc.) and it was all in close proximity so there's not tons of walking. I think that Jake had a love/hate relationship with the animals there. He loved them when they were fenced off and we couldn't get too close, but he didn't like the ones that you could go right up to, such as the goats in the petting zoo.
Here we are the with elephants:

Here is Jake with the goats. This is him before he started screaming when a goat got too close. You can already tell he's pretty worried...
Although he hated the goats, he LOVED the giraffes! He kept saying, "Whoa! Whoa!" with his mouth wide open like he was in disbelief. We tried to get a picture in front of the giraffes with all the boys, but he was so enthralled with the animals that he couldn't sit still in his stroller. He hopped right out and stared at the giraffes saying, "Whoa..."

Needless to say, he was very tired this afternoon and had a GREAT nap! Thank goodness!!
4 comments:
thats funny because I have a picture of Jake at that zoo last year touching the goats.
The zoo is still one of my favorite things to visit. I am just in awe at the craziness in the animal kingdom!
The zoo is still one of my favorite things to visit. I am just in awe at the craziness in the animal kingdom!
(oops! Wrong profile above!)
Fun fun fun! I am going this friday if you want to go again! :)
Post a Comment