With this being our last year in Iowa, we want to make sure that we do everything that we have said in years past that we should do but haven't yet gotten around to. This weekend we checked another item off our Iowa "to do" list (it isn't very long) when we went to the actual Field of Dreams. We hit up Dyersville to check out the iconic movie set, and it did not disappoint!
Just like you would expect, the baseball diamond and farmhouse were surrounded by cornfields in the Middle of Nowhere, IA.

We got out our baseballs, bats, and mitts and did what we do best: play!


Eli spent the majority of his time chewing on his baseball bat. He was as content as could be just chilling in the middle of the baseball diamond.

Hmmm... what's this?

I better taste it to make sure it's ok.
Yeah, this is some good stuff.
Of course, it wouldn't be a true trip to the Field of Dreams unless we took some time to disappear into the corn.
The Field of Dreams was a surprisingly peaceful place. The weather was perfect, the grass was the greenest I've ever seen, and I just let my boys run wild and be in their element. It was the perfect way to spend a beautiful autumn day in Iowa.




7 comments:
Angela, that is so cool! Beautiful pictures too!!
That looks so fun! Great pictures!
how cool. I love this movie! These pictures are so awesome! I love how you and Joseph spend so much family time together...love them boys...too cute.
Much Love,
Adrianne
This is soooo cool. I love that movie! For years I have tried to get Kevin to let me dig up the back yard of where ever we live to put in a sand volleyball court and told him if we only build it they will come. :) Of course we have to build it but that hasn't happened yet. Oh well.
How neat playing ball on the FIELD OF DREAMS! When I visited this field there was a foot of snow on the ground. Love u Nana & Papa
We are all soooo jealous...Jason is obsessed with that movie and I just showed him all the fun pictures! Can't believe I never made that trip happen as an Iowa resident.
Also, LOVE, LOVE the new family photos! Seriously, GORGEOUS family. Proud to call you all relatives :)
More great memories...you are so good at making them...and sharing them...
Post a Comment