Monday, November 17, 2008

It's times like this that I love being a mom

You can't tell in the picture, but Jake is actually laying on my lap (my legs are underneath the blanket). It was early this morning, and Jake and I had both just woken up. I'm sitting on our couch, and he was just laying there on my lap. I know it sounds silly, but I told Joseph to hurry and get the camera because he NEVER just sits/lays anywhere for more than 3 seconds...literally. He was a little distracted by the flash on the camera (hence the funny face) but he still just layed there. I am still in shock. I treasure those little moments that I can just hold my baby. They are extremely few and far between. My little baby growing so fast and he is too busy exploring the world to be held. He was probably still feeling a little sick from his cold that he has (he always gets a cold when he's teething). You can see how red he is underneath his nose...But still, sick or not, I'll take what I can get when it comes to holding this little guy. *Sigh...*

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm totally loving all your pictures! I love the one where he's getting kissed by his cousins. Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable....you must be such a proud mommy =)

Rachel said...

oh how lovely! I am leaving in a couple hours to see my babies! I love that feeling! call you when I get home!

Ben and Anna said...

I decided to blog stalk you to keep tabs on what's up with your life!! you guys look so happy!! yay!!