Friday, November 7, 2008

Ok, NOW it feels like November

After some much-appreciated mild weather, I woke up this morning to flurries outside. The blistery weather put me right into the Christmas spirit! There is a station on the radio that has been playing Christmas music as of late, but since the weather has been so nice I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it on a regular basis like I normally would (my general rule of thumb is that I wait until after Halloween to break out the Christmas music then listen to it non-stop all the way through New Years). Speaking of Christmas, look at what I made yesterday:


Ok, I know that it's a little large and I'm not sure where I'm going to put it. I also know that it's a little scary with the big eyes, but the important thing is that I did it all by myself! I am so crafty! :) It's made out of wood and I'm just a little proud of myself that I did it. I never thought that I was an arts and crafts type of gal, but here I am scrapbooking and making snowmen out of wood. Don't get me wrong, I certainly didn't come up with the idea, I'm not that creative (not yet at least, give me a few years with this whole crafts thing). We did it as a craft night with the women in our church, and I had a blast.
So now that I'm in the Christmas spirit, I am considering breaking out the Christmas decorations. Is it still too early? I just love this season!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I am so proud of you and all your craftiness! That's a cute snowman. Stay warm, Angela! Maybe it's time to break out some hot cocoa... Mmmm...

Sarah and Wes said...

I am seriously DYING to decorate for Christmas, but my rules are: 1)No Christmas music till after Halloween (and then only the radio) and 2)No decorating until after Thanksgiving. Don't give Thanksgiving the shaft! And I LOVE your snowman.

Tawnya said...

Question: What station is playing Christmas music? I want in on some of that.

TM said...

Impressive! Christmas is my favorite time of year too!! I can't wait to put up our Christmas Tree!!