Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Am I losing my mind?

So a couple of weeks ago I was at a friend's house where I walked in wearing two mittens on my hands. On my way out, I could only find one. We looked EVERYWHERE, and have looked several times since then to find the mysterious disappearing mitten, but it seems to be long gone. We literally have no idea where it could be.

Fast forward to Sunday. I was just putting away some of Jake's scattered winter apparel. As I was picking it all up I mentally noted a hat, coat, sweatshirt, and one mitten. I couldn't for the life of me find the other mitten. What is it with me and losing mittens??? A few hours later, Joseph decided to unload the dishwasher, and lo and behold, look at what he found:


Yes, my dear friends, that is Jake's mitten in the dishwasher. Nicely soaked from a good rinse. I have no idea how it got there, but it seems to be evidence that I am losing my mind. Maybe I should check my friend's dishwasher before I declare my own mitten officially disappeared. :)

8 comments:

Ben and Anna said...

That's hilarious! maybe you're prego!!

Sarah and Wes said...

Ha ha, that's a good one!!! I've put stuff in the refrigerator, but not the dishwasher! And oh yes, I am horribly addicted to anything Twilight now. It's so great. How did you like the movie?

Bethany said...

That's so funny! It reminds me of those Wayside School books where the kid lost his sock and found it in the refrigerator. I saw Twilight with a friend but we can still totally go see it together. It exceeded my expectations. They were pretty low to begin with, but I will admit that it exceeded my expectations. I'm so excited to see you!

Tawnya said...

That is very funny. Dishwasher? Weird.

TM said...

Haha! I think you are loosing your mind! Are you sure you even wore gloves to Jessica's house?

Amy said...

You might want to blame it on your little guy. Zack threw away several of our spoons before we knew what hit us when he was about a year old. Addie has thrown away many a toy and clothing item, including one of Jake's soccer cleats - that was fun to realize and expensive. You can't play soccer with one cleat! My kids favorite job has been loading and unloading the dishwasher, maybe it's Jake's too :) You could always just be losing your mind, but it's much nicer to blame these things on the kids.

Amy :o)

Zepp Family said...

Hilarious! I absolutely loath losing things. It's part of my OCD. I can't rest or think about anything else until whatever I'm missing has been found. This gets bad when you've got 3 little girls and tiny headbands and bows that seem to turn up missing ALL THE TIME.

Kyna said...

Oh my goodness! I love you Angela!