Sunday, December 14, 2008

Jake's Favorite Song

My wonderful sister sent me a Christmas mix cd a couple of weeks ago that has a ton of different Christmas favorites on it, one of them being that Alvin and the Chipmunks christmas song (I think we all know it). On our way home from our long car trip to Michigan, Joseph and I noted that Jake always started smiling and laughing when that song would come on. At first we thought it might just be a coincidence, so we tried to get similar reactions out of different Christmas songs, but we got nothing. Turns out that this kid really loves those chipmunks! It has since then become our secret weapon. Every time he starts to get a little fussy, we just turn on "Alvin" and he starts smiling again! Case in point (or is it case and point?):

He is so funny about that song. Literally every time we put it on there's an instant smile on his face, and it's often accompanied by laughter and sometimes even wild arms flailing, and it is the only song that gets that sort of reaction. It always cracks us up! Too bad his song of choice couldn't have been something a little more relaxing and a little less likely to get stuck in your head. It's a typical "Jake" sort of song though, don't you think? Energetic, upbeat, and it's sure to put a smile on your face!

5 comments:

DOUGHERTY FAMILY said...

I can't believe how big Jake is - When do we get to see him??What a happy guy...you gotta love that!

Miss ya,
Adrianne

Bethany said...

Hahaha! While I'm sorry that you're probably going crazy, that is so funny about Jake!

Meg said...

Oh man that is so funny! When I was playing the video Madeleine started dancing along!

Mallory Stoker said...

So, Annabelle is pretty much in love! She wants to watch it over and over and then when Jake ducks his head under year knee she gets mad.

Sarah and Wes said...

I LOVE that video!! How funny that he loves that song so much. Thanks for sharing.