Saturday, December 20, 2008
Of all the rotten luck...
Today we decided to do some last minute Christmas shopping, and since my sister is in town, we thought we would go to the outlet malls and take advantage of the good sales that they have going on right now. We walked into the Old Navy outlet and saw that a man dressed as Santa Clause was giving out promotional coupons - a sweepstakes sort of thing. You could get $5 or $10 off your purchase, and there was one winner who would get a $500 Old Navy shopping spree. As we walked in, there was another lady right in front of us. Santa gave her her coupon and then gave us ours. We all stood there and peeled our card to see if we won anything, and then we saw that the lady who had walked in right in front of us was standing there speechless. She had won the $500 shopping spree!! If we had gotten there 5 seconds sooner that would have been ours!!!! I couldn't believe it!! I didn't know that people actually won those things, but apparently they do. Well, we each got $5 off our purchase, so it wasn't a total loss, and of course we took advantage of it. But still, of all the rotten luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is too bad. Did I ever tell you I won 1,000 to Old Navy? I was in college.
No, I didn't know that! Hmm...did you use it all?
Girls camp will be better...I really hope!! lets do get together. E's mom is having her baby today so I will have her all day. I think Derek and I are taking her to the mall. you guys should meet us, we'll have a family lunch date! and after Christmas, we are doing a Wii night!
I can't believe that!! That is cool, yet terrible!!!!
Post a Comment