Tuesday, December 23, 2008
A trade for the toilet
Jake has a fascination with the toilet lately. Let me rephrase that...he has a fascination with the water in the toilet lately. There have been many times that I have been unloading the dishwasher or folding laundry or something of the sort and I hear silence, and the first place that I look now is in the bathroom. As much as I try to remember to keep the toilet lid down, it seems that he always finds it when I don't. This is a pretty disgusting fascination, but I really don't want to discourage the fact that he is interested in water, so I decided to make a "trade" for the toilet. Instead of feeling the water in the toilet, I put a bowl of water that was at his level in the bathtub that he can stand and play with as much as he wants. He really thinks it's so much fun to just stand there and play with the water in the tub. At least it's not the toilet! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good thinking! You are so creative. Keep smiling Jake!!
We hope to see you soon:)
Adrianne
Great idea! I'll do that if Landon is into toilets too haha. I love his smile. It makes you laugh. Merry Christmas!
Now that's an awesome mommy moment. What would you suggest for Addie who thinks the toilet brush is the biggest toothbrush ever? Yuck! She finds it anywhere I put it. I have resorted to locking the bathroom door, luckily we have others. I don't really mind discouraging that curiosity :)
That is quite smart, I don't think I would have thought of that. Where were you when Hunter was dipping his crackers in the toilet when he was a baby?? And yes then he was eating them!!!
Jake must think you are the coolest Mom ever! Hope to see a posting of your Christmas adventures. We missed you.
XOXOXO,
Sis
I think this is a fantastic idea. We need to get together!!!
You are so smart! I think I'll do that, I really don't want to have to put a childproof lock on our toilet.
Post a Comment