Monday, December 1, 2008

VACAY!!

We're back! We had the most wonderful Thanksgiving break. In fact, I have so many things to blog about that I'm probably going to just have to break it up into different posts. The whole weekend I kept saying things like "That's so funny/cool/ironic/sweet, I'm going to put that on my blog!"

The trip started out on Monday when I picked up Joseph from dental school. We drove that night (it took a little longer than usual because we ran into a snowstorm) and arrived there at about 2 in the morning. Jake was a pretty good traveler, which is unusual (he is the only baby that I know of that doesn't like to sleep in the car). Our family was so excited to see us when we got there. Of course, when I say "us" I mean "Jake".

My sister Bethany was so excited to see Jake, but was apparently more excited about playing with Jake's toys! :)

Jake loved playing with Grandpa. And, yes, that's slobber all over his face. I think over the course of the week Jake could have probably filled a couple of milk jugs with all of his slobber. That's what he gets for teething... Actually, to be fair, some of it is Vaseline too. I had to put some Vaseline on his face to help stop a rash from developing due to his slobber.


The first couple of days were spent playing games, watching movies, and sewing PJ's for Jake. On Thanksgiving day Joseph and my two brothers all went to play in the Turkey Bowl. It was a good chance for Joseph to dust off some of his football skills. You'll have to ask Trenton and Jonathan whether he actually did or not.

After the turkey bowl we went to Muskegon where we ate/played/relaxed to our hearts content with about 30 family members consisting of cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, moms, dads, and grandma (great-grandma to Jake and Isaac).

Some of the boys played an intense game of fooseball.

My sister-in-law Abby let Jake wear this cute little bib (because he of course needs one on at all times) that says "My Little Turkey". The two babies, Jake and his cousin Isaac, were the hit of the party!

Aunt Merilee, Abby, and my mom chatting on the couch.

There were lots of people in the house, and it was an absolute blast.

I'm not quite sure why Joseph and Trenton are sitting on my cousin Katie. Maybe you should ask them?

Whew, I'm a little exhausted from this blog entry, but there is much more to blog about and cute pictures to come!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Great blog entry! You were up early for this one. My only constructive criticism is that you switched halfway from putting captions above your pictures to putting captions below your pictures. Captions above pictures are way better. Everything else was AMAZING! You are sure to be loaded with visitors soon. Can't wait for the next entry! And your new background and music are great. Love you and miss you so much already!

Bethany said...

Oh! I liked your title too!

Angela Dougherty said...

Hmm...I see what you mean. Alright, captions above the pictures it is!! :)

Rachel said...

yay your home! we are going ot the mall for Storytime tomorrow...you should come!

Valerie said...

So...I have been lurking and looking at your blog without saying anything. So, "Hello"! Will you be in Michigan at all around Christmas time? I'd love to chat!

-Valerie

Sarah and Wes said...

Looks like a great vacation!! And you had snow for Thanksgiving!! We have yet to see any real snow. We've only had one day so far. And all the Christmas songs you put on your blog are all my favorites!! Yay!

Tawnya said...

It looks like you had so much fun. I am glad you are back though.